RULES FOR EXAMS
- Correct school uniform is to be worn at all times and hair rules are adhered to.
- Boys – reminder to shave. Girls – reminder no make-up, nail polish or jewellery.
- No Food/water bottles/juice bottles on your desk in the exam venue.
- No walkman/radios/cell phones/ CD players/ palm tops/ iPads/ iPods/ magazines/ games which the teacher on duty may deem unacceptable. This includes phones that are switched off.
- Notes and books are to be carried in the correct school bag.
- Suitcases are to be closed under the chairs, loose notes and books on the teachers table.
- Pupils with extra time write in a separate venue.
- Learners are to sit in silence from the moment writing paper is handed out until everything is collected at the end of the exam.
- Papers are handed out face down, do not touch!
- Reading time for exam scripts before starting papers: 5min for grade 8 & 9; 10min for grade 10 to 12.
- No communicating in any way eg. Writing notes, whispering, looking at each other etc.
- Bring all required stationery (coloured pencils, staplers, calculators, protractors etc.) as no borrowing is allowed.
- No tippex to be used.
- Do not continually ask the duty teacher questions.
- Inappropriate comments or answers are not allowed and will be penalised. (even “I don’t know.”)
- Only black or dark blue ink may be used.
- Papers may not be handed in early.
- Papers must be glued or stapled on the top left-hand corner before handing in.
- Nobody may leave the exam room during an exam session. Visit the toilet before the exam session begins.
- Please make sure everything is handed in as no part of an exam paper will be accepted after the exam is finished.
- At the end of the year all textbooks to be returned, lost books have to be paid for.
- Absenteeism: All learners are required to attend school throughout the examination period.
The link below is a circular from the WCED listing the sanctions for exam irregularities for the National Senior Certificate Exams. Grade 12 parents please read carefully.
Please note we follow this as a guideline and apply similar sanctions for all grades should any irregularities occur.
OUTLINES & PAST PAPERS